CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July everyone!! 

I've felt great this week which was a pleasant welcome after last week.  In my last blog I'd said the chemo went well and I felt good.  The sickness struck me after I posted!  I was pretty nauseated and tired the entire week.  On top of that they think I had an allergic reaction to my Compizine (med for nausea) so that made things worse and my mouth was sore and raw from the chemo.  That made eating/drinking difficult so I ended up pretty dehydrated.  However, after a liter of fluids and nausea medicine in my port on Friday I felt much better.  Combined with that an a prescription mouthwash that helps numb so I can eat/drink this week is going much smoother!!

I had my lab drawn today, my white count is very low.  So I'm now starting on 3 preventitive meds to help me from getting sick.  I'm supposed to wear a mask at work (luckily I'm slow right now!) and stay clear of sick people.

I've got my class reunion this weekend and 4th celebrations......so I'm going to arm myself with hand sanitizer and try to keep my distance without being rude :)

That's my week in a nutshell....I've got chemo on Tuesday so I'll update more then!!  Hope you and your families have a safe and wonderful holiday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment